Tuesday 11 February 2014

Hello

 
  Hello and welcome to the blog of 'a little Steiner family'. I am a fairly newly single mama to Hayden who is 7 and Arthur who is 4. Their father is living and working abroad at the moment and this blog is mainly for himself and other family members to see how the boys are doing when they can't be with them.
 We currently live near Birmingham having left Somerset in the South West just over a year ago. We are originally a home educating family but since having relocated here we have joined the wonderful 'Elmfield Rudolph Steiner School'. It has taken a while to settle here but we have all started making some lovely friendships and have become immersed in the wonderful community at Elmfield. Our town of Stourbridge seems to have a wonderful alternative community which is fantastic for me as I had the pleasure of living near Glastonbury for many years and had been missing living near so many likeminded people. I suppose you would call us hippies by definition (without the free love and pot smoking so many people associate with the term). I try to live a conscious, simple, joyful and 'green' life and am always striving to do better by myself, my family and mother earth herself.
 This blog will chart our day to day lives and will have my rambled thoughts on a range of topics close to my heart woven into the fabric of it. My interests are cooking, reading, knitting and felting, exploring nature, and being with my boys who are both absolute whirlwinds of energy. They have taught me more about myself and life than anyone or anything else in this world.
 Below are some pictures of our family.



No comments:

Post a Comment