Friday 14 February 2014

Lazy days




I have been ill for the first time in ages and its really taken it out of me so we have been having lazy home days doing nothing much the later half of this week. We went to a soft play area earlier in the week with some new friends from elmfield and an online forum I frequent called The Green Parent. Its so nice to be able to chat to other parents with similar values to me, it really nourishes me.
 Artie and I went to Baggeridge Country Park for a walk whilst bigger boy was at school. Cold and very muddy but worth it as usual to be out in the fresh air, listening to the birds in the trees and Arties little wellies squelching through the mud. Hayden lost some wellies in the mud last time we went so we avoided that area this time as Artie was worried the same would happen to him! We went to home sense in Merry Hill after and I got a lovely Le Creuset mixing bowl for an absolute bargain. 
The rest of the week has been spent indoors mooching around. There was, however, making and munching of pancakes, drawing, reading and game playing when I could muster the energy. Hayden is exhausted after his first half term at school and is sad that he won't be doing school or gymnastics for a week due to half term. He has fitted in really well and loves going in every day. He loves Spanish, his handwork lessons especially knitting and painting. He doesn't like german much though. His teacher says he is doing well, and works really hard in his lessons and is so curious to learn about everything all the time. 
We are having family come to stay for half term which were all really excited about, so looking forward to lots of lovely day trips now I'm feeling better.                                                                                                                                                                    




 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren, I don't know if you remember me My name is Gina - Mia Tarka Willow and jahara's mum. You used to read my blog and I used to read your old blog too. It is lovely to see your family again. I am a newy single mum too and would love chat to you about this. If you wanted to, could you email me georgina.sewell@yahoo.com. Best wishes love Gina x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gina, its lovely to hear from you, I used to really enjoy your blog, found it so inspirational. How are you? I would love to chat, ill send you an email when I have enough free time. X

    ReplyDelete